Friday, October 7, 2011

+KOTA Dog Grooming, Mexico City

As Molly was extremely shaggy, I went in search of a dog groomer in Mexico City.

From time to time, I see dog grooming vans around town. Back in March, I even took a picture of one van, so that I would have their number when necessary.

But, I was hesitant to call because most small places don't have any worker that speaks English.

So, earlier in the week, I went to +KOTA, a dog supply chain, that has many locations in and around Polanco. They don't do grooming there, but gave me a name and phone numbers of who to call.

I went home, called said numbers, only to have the calls not go thru. So, I googled the name and found their website: http://www.maskota.com.mx/home/listado_cont.asp?cve_cont=152.

I called the number on the van pictured...and after a minute was able to speak to someone in English.

The guy took my information and said someone would be there between noon and 4 pm the next day.

At 12:07 pm, the groomer knocked on my door! Less than 40 minutes later, Molly was bathed and dried.

There is some debate between my husband and I on whether or not Molly actually got a haircut. I don't see it, but Mike says she DEFINITELY got a haircut and that the hair around her eyes and on her back is much shorter.

But, regardless, well worth the cost of just $270 pesos for the "estetica"!

2 comments:

  1. Dog grooming doesn't only involve bathing your dog, but it also involves nail trimming and hair removal as well, which is why there's an excuse forall these supplies. It's really a difficult and time consuming process, but it also has its own rewards as well. If you're undertaking the job of daily grooming by yourself, you'll find that the bond between both you and your dog will grow with time.

    Dog Grooming

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good groomer will never compromise on the quality of products they use on your pet. Cheap dog products are available everywhere, yet they can cause severe health problems for your dog. Therefore, you must be confident that your groomer uses quality controlled professional grooming products. A good groomer will never cut corners with their products just to save money or to provide cheaper prices.

    Toronto Dog Groomer

    ReplyDelete