Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Two Week Trip - Post Seven

On Tuesday afternoon, our Realtor Irma unexpectedly called our hotel room, letting me know that she was in the lobby, ready to take Annabelle and I to see our new home. We haven't signed anything yet, but we have decided the condo on Galileo is where we want to live. So, Annie, Irma and I took a look at the home again, took some photos and a video.

However, at this time, the photos are on my iPhone...which doesn't have internet access. So, unfortunately, I cannot post them! Soon, I will begin adding photos to the blog!

Today, Annie and I were invited to a playgroup in Polanco. The woman I met at the park on Monday invited us to join the group from 3-5 today at one of the other women's homes. So, we met up and strolled together. At the playgroup, there were about 10 women and kids. All but one of the kids were under the age of 2. So, Annie fit right in, especially considering they had a dog, which Annie was more than happy to follow around!

We had a GREAT time at the playgroup! All the women were so incredibly friendly. Most were from the U.S. Their time in Mexico ranges from this past November to as long as five years. All of the women raved about Mexico City, especially Polanco! About four of the babies were born in Polanco at Hospital Espanol. They all raved about the medical care for themselves, the kids, and their spouses.

I couldn't believe that after meeting by chance at the park on Monday, I was invited in to their playgroup on Wednesday. I feel like that just wouldn't happen in Plainfield/Naperville. The times that Annie and I have gone to the park at home, we have met no one! So, it was very cool to have already made at least one new friend, with the potential for so many more from the playgroup.

It was also great to talk to everyone about their experiences, be able to ask lots of random questions and be welcomed in immediately!

Needless to say, Annie and I hope to continue going to the Wednesday playgroup when we officially move to Mexico!

In the meantime, we are meeting some of the women at the Lincoln Park tomorrow! (The Lincoln Park is named after Abraham Lincoln...there is even a statue of him in the park. There is also a statue of Martin Luther King Jr).

Thanks for reading! Hasta luega!

No comments:

Post a Comment