Sunday, May 1, 2011

Allergies in Mexico City

In March and early April, I had zero allergy issues.

Late April, my allergies have become an issue.

Late April...it has been raining a little bit almost every night.

Polanco is a very dusty town. Due to the all the building construction and the lack of grass (mostly dirt), before you walk into your house, you must always take your shoes off, leave them outside, clean your feet...and the dog's paws. Even then, there is no escaping all the dirt.

I am hopeful the rain goes away, until July/August, when I am told rainy season will be upon us.

It is summer here now, so July/August/September is "winter". Rather than snow, we get rain. Mind you, it doesn't rain all day every day. I am told you can almost set your watch by the afternoon rain shower. It will rain for just an hour or two.

My allergies and I are not looking forward to that...but in comparison to winter's in Chicago, I'll take a little rain and stock up on my allergy meds!

No comments:

Post a Comment