Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Annabelle Goes to School



Yesterday was Annabelle's first day at Montessori school in Mexico City!... And, of course, we took photos!

For this first week, she is easing into her school day. Yesterday, she went for one hour. Today, she went for almost two hours!

She had a long list of school supplies that we needed to gather and purchase prior to school beginning. Being me, I waited until Sunday night to gather the non-medical form supplies. Needless to say...I still have to purchase several items.

However, the school was more than happy to take her with her partial supplies!

On Monday, Mike worked from home, so that he could go with to take and pick up Annabelle. When we picked her up, we were let in and waited while they brought her down from the upstairs classroom. We could hear her talking the whole way down, saying "I see my mommy, I see my mommy". When she did get to me, she gave me a big hug and started crying. But, when we asked her if she wanted to go back the next day, she said okay!

Today, when I picked her up, I waited outside. Once she cleared the last step, she came running to me and said "Hi mommy". No tears! She was in different clothes, wearing one of the four extra outfits that I had to send on day one, as part of her supply list! Apparently they had played with water. So, I was given a bag with her wet clothes and we went home.

Again, she says she wants to go back tomorrow!

Needless to say, Mike and I are still very excited for Annabelle's opportunity to learn, play with kids, and increase her Spanish vocabulary. And, it was nice to have a few hours this morning to run to Superama, Sam's Club and take Molly on a walk!

1 comment: