Monday, May 2, 2011

Annabelle is going to school!

Last month I looked at three schools for Annabelle in Polanco.

My favorite school did not have an opening at the time. However, they just called to let me know they have a spot for her!

So, Annabelle is starting school on May 23.

She'll be going to school from 9 am to 1 pm Monday-Friday. The teacher's will speak Spanish. Annabelle only knows five or six words in Spanish, but I am confident she will not have any problems communicating with the teachers or kids.

I asked her today if she wanted to go to school. She said "I play with balls. I see kids. I go to school." Clearly she remembered our trip to visit the schools last month, at which time she did play with various balls and saw kids!

Mike and I think this is a great opportunity for Annabelle to start learning Spanish, increase her social skills, be mentally challenged, and have a little separation from mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment