Monday, July 25, 2011

Polanco vs. Interlomas

Since moving to Mexico City, I couldn't imagine living anywhere but Polanco. Polanco is fantastic. I can walk to everything I need and want, from the zoo to the grocery to restaurants to the hospital and doctors, etc.

I have not been tempted to consider living elsewhere...

Until last week.

Annabelle and I were invited to go swimming at a playgroup friend's complex in Interlomas. It took about 25 minutes to get there from Polanco, so it isn't far. The complex includes multiple towers of condos, a bowling alley, a movie theater, a school, a gym (where you could take pilates/yoga/etc), a NICE indoor pool, a tennis court, squash court, and an excellent outdoor play area for kids, including a swingset and an inground trampoline (which I personally loved - and reminded me of sunbathing on a trampoline in my youth!). These are just the amenities that I was told about while I was there - I am sure there are a few more that I am missing!

The apartment that we visited was phenomenal inside! It was on the 19th floor, so the view was nice! Three bedrooms, lots of windows, a large living room and dining room. Very spacious and nice! All you can expect from a nice, newer complex!

If I had been shown an apartment in this building when we were looking for a place, I would have had a difficult time choosing between Polanco and Interlomas!

However, in Interlomas, I would need to drive more (ie. hire a driver). In Polanco, I ride in a car about once a month. Before this past Saturday, in Mexico City, I hadn't been in the car with Mike driving since late April.

As with choosing to live in any town, there are trade offs that you make. In Polanco, the trade offs seem few and far between. I feel very lucky to live here and enjoy it immensely. But, an indoor swimming pool, bowling alley and inground trampoline would be awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment