Saturday, July 2, 2011

Rainy Season in Mexico

Rainy season has set in in Mexico City.

I knew about it before arriving and yet, for some reason, did not think it applied to me. Did I bring a rain jacket for myself? For Annabelle? For Mike? NO. Not unless you count a super cute North Face jacket that I got for Annabelle that will fit her in about two more years! Did we bring rain boots? NO.

Do we even have one umbrella? NO.

Totally unprepared.

It has rained a good portion of the past week. Thursday, I don't think it let up once all day.

The biggest issue seems to be Molly "princess paws" Doodle. Our dog pretty much refuses to get her paws wet. I have to drag her onto the wet grass, in order to try and get her to get to the bathroom. She'll be whining at the door and I'll try to reason with her that letting her out is a waste of both of our time, because she won't go. I'll open the door, so she can hear the rain. Yet she demands to go outside. And then...she stands with her paws firmly planted while I try and coax her onto the grass. We do this multiple times a day. Very frustrating! She may need doggie rain boots.

Rainy season is supposed to continue until September. Hopefully by then, I will have invested in an umbrella, if nothing else!

No comments:

Post a Comment