Sunday, April 24, 2011

Back in the US

Shortly after arriving back in the U.S., I left Annie with my parents and headed out to pick up a fountain diet coke...and a pizza. The fountain diet coke (FDC) was a must have! I am addicted. And, the FDC's must come from McDonald's. They are just better from McDonald's!

I was gone for about 20 minutes. I realized that that 20 minutes was the longest I had been away from Annabelle for over a month. In Mexico, she is always with me. Never leave home without her!! In that month, I had left her twice. Once to go to 7-Eleven, four doors down from my building...I was gone about 5 minutes (and Annie was sleeping...Mike too). They didn't even know I was gone. The second time I ventured out on my own was to run down to the market to talk to a vendor. I was gone about 15 minutes.

Anyways, the 20 minutes I took to get the pizza and coveted diet coke was very liberating!... It was also the first time I drove a car in over a month. So, that was nice too! Especially driving a car with a radio that works! In a town where the citizens obey traffic laws!...

Although now when sitting at a red light in the U.S., at a time when there are no other cars around, I think "I should just go. In Mexico, I wouldn't be sitting here. I would look around and gun it thru the intersection". But, I feel compelled to be like the masses and obey the laws in the U.S., like a good citizen!

Also, as soon as I got back to Chicago, I started catching up on American Idol and some other shows, via OnDemand. In Mexico, I had gone a month without tv and didn't miss it. But, I quickly fell back into my previous routine upon re-entry! Certainly moving to Mexico is getting me out of my former comfort zone and routines. So, I am very excited to now be back in Mexico to continue learning, growing and questioning my self and my actions, such as tv watching... You can be certain though, one thing I won't be questioning or changing is my FDC addiction! Looking forward to returning to the U.S. in a few months for a McDonald's FDC!!...among other reasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment