Friday, April 29, 2011

Dormimundo - Mattress Chain in Mexico

In preparation for our first visitors next week, Annabelle and I walked to Dormimundo yesterday to order a mattress for the guest room.

First of all, I elected not to take our stroller, as Annabelle has been wanting to walk everywhere. All her walking apparently caught up to her. No less than a half block into our walk, she wanted to be carried. Needless to say, I got more of a workout than intended!

When we got to Dormimundo, I asked if the women spoke English. No. So, with my limited Spanish, I tried to tell them I needed a cheap mattress and boxspring (sorry future guests!). She directed me to a $9,000 peso Serta Beautyrest set. Clearly...she didn't understand "cheap"!

So, I said "menos", at which time she directed me upstairs to the cheap(er) mattresses. She quoted a price of one, I pulled out my iPhone, did a little division to translate it into dollars, said "bien"...and headed downstairs to do the paperwork.

All in all, it was an easy transaction. Speaking Spanish fluently would have made it easier. But, I feel like I did alright...and that the new mattress set will arrive as scheduled!

No comments:

Post a Comment