Friday, April 8, 2011

Traveling within Mexico

We have begun booking trips!

Out of the blue last week, we found a great deal on a hotel in Cabo ("Los Cabos" as they call it here in Mexico). So, we booked it! 50% off starting in May!

So, we got online looking for airline tickets. We decided to use Interjet, which is like Southwest Airlines in the U.S.

I found tickets at a great price - about $400 round trip for the whole family! I put in all my information, first trying to use my U.S. address (which wouldn't work, since Illinois was not an option for a U.S. state - only Florida and Texas). Then, I tried to use my Mexico address. That worked...until the end, when my credit card was denied, because my billing address was incorrect...since my bills are still sent to my U.S. address!!

Frustrated, I looked up Interjet's offices and found their nearest location is about 8 blocks away at La Antera - the local mall!

So, the next day, we went to Interjet and booked our flights to Los Cabos. It was a tad difficult as the Interjet agent didn't speak any English. And when we said "Mayo" (the month of May)...he started pricing out the same days in Abril (April)...which was twice as expensive, thank goodness, and made us question why the internet price was so different from the price he was quoting us!

Luckily, swiping my credit card worked better than manually inputting the information... at least for the trip to Los Cabos.

Since we were at Interjet, we went ahead and booked our flights to Cancun/Riviera Maya in June. My brother is getting married in Riviera Maya then, which we are super excited about!

After again struggling through Spanish with the agent, he swiped my card again...this time getting a failure notice. So, we used a diffferent card and went on our way. When I called my credit card company later, they told me the Interjet agent used the wrong expiration date for the second charge. To my relief!

Now, we are looking forward to our trip to Cabo in May, our trip to Riviera Maya in June, and trying to figure out when to go to Ixtapa, Cuernavaca and Puerta Vallarta! Might as well see as much of Mexico while we're here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment