Friday, April 8, 2011

Traveling Alone with a Minor Internationally

Next week, Annabelle and I are headed back the U.S. a few days before Mike.

I am a little nervous about flying alone with Annabelle. She is well traveled, I would say, having flown over 8 round trips in her short little life! But, this is our first time traveling without Mike.

I have talked to the airline and some women from the playgroup. The airline suggested a notarized letter of consent. The playgroup women that do this on a fairly regular basis said they have letters from their husband, but they aren't dated or notarized. They said they've never had any issue.

Still, I am nervous that with a non-notarized letter, a copy of Mike's flight itinerary for a few days later, and a copy of his FM3 visa, I will be asked to have some additional documentation.

...My letter is not notarized, because to get it notarized at the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City, you have to have an appointment on a weekday between 2 and 4. Since Mike has been getting home from work anytime between 6:30 pm and 1:45 am...we would never have made it to an appointment there. Aside from the embassy, I'm not sure where to get the letter notarized. We considered Banamex, but after my DMV-like experience there the other day, I am not confident that we'd be able to get it done, especially in a timely manner!

So, I will take my chances next week with my non-notarized documentation, download a couple of new episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Dora onto the iPad, and head to the airport, crossing my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment